Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome!

Well, here's the first post on this blog that is supposed to be my portfolio for this class.

I've actually enjoyed this class for the most part. I went in thinking that this was just a requirement, something I had to do for the major, but I really learned a lot. Some of this stuff is absolutely incredible (and I want one of those iPads...) and the applications in the classroom are really cool.

I absolutely understand the impulse to hate technology (and, in fact, most day-to-day technology gives me an absolute headache...) but if it all exists and it might really help some of our students, there's certainly no reason not to embrace it and use it in the classroom. It's here to stay, so we might as well learn to use it, and learn to use it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment