Friday, February 4, 2011

Assistive Technologies Power Point

This project seemed to be two-fold for us: we had to research a topic regarding education and technology and then make a presentation about it. We had the choice between using the SMART board (too scary for me still!) and just a classic power point (we've all done a million of those at this point in our academic careers).

I ended up choosing Assistive Technologies and how it can be used in the classroom as my topic. This is a really personal topic for me since I work during the summer with students with special needs. I have seen a lot of these assistive technologies in action and I have to say... they are amazing! It's absolutely incredible what can be done with technology to help students who can't communicate as they'd like to or need a little extra help in the classroom. I think the other students learned a lot from the presentation (at least I hope they did...) It's certainly a newer area of technology in the classroom and also one that doesn't get as much focus as other areas like social networking or iPads in the classroom.

You can go and see my Powerpoint presentation, which has a link on Moodle:
Assistive Technologies Powerpoint

No comments:

Post a Comment