Friday, February 4, 2011

Technology Through Time!

Early on in the term, we made a timeline of technologies that had been created for education, beginning in 1999.

The technologies that I chose were:
Interactive whiteboards (SMART boards, Promethean boards)
Online field trips
3rd generation iMacs
I-Clickers
Fully-automated classrooms
The iPad

Most of these technologies were ones that I had already known about, but it was interesting to put them all into a timeline and see how technology has progressed. It was also interesting to note which of these technologies has really stuck and is used a lot in classrooms (interactive whiteboards) and which ones have disappeared after the initial hype (the i-clicker).

This project seemed to focus on both Standard 1 (Basic Computer/Technology Operations and Concepts) and Standard 3 (Application of Technology in Instruction). Doing the actual Powerpoint presentation helped me work on my Powerpoint skills (good design, text layout, picture layout, etc.) and the actual content of the presentation was my research on good applications of technology in the classroom.

Here's a link to my Powerpoint (through Moodle), if you'd like to check it out again:
Technology Timeline

No comments:

Post a Comment